Year 4 Curriculum
- We will be reading Charlotte’s Web during guided reading.
- We are writing a story with a moral dilemma, using the story ‘Bill’s New Frock’.
- We will be focussing on using inverted commas for direct speech.
- We will be focussing on using fronted adverbials and adverbial phrases.
- Later in the term, we will be using play scripts, focussing upon speech and language.
- Later in the term, we will be focussing on explanation texts, using imperative verbs.
- We will be focussing on telling and reading time to the nearest minute.
- We will be looking at numbers and place value to 2 decimal places.
- We will be exploring fractions and finding fractions of amounts.
- Using reasoning skills, we will investigate how we can apply our knowledge of mental and written methods to a variety of problems.
- Our topic this term is Sport and Fitness.
- We will be exploring our local environment and analysing food chains.
- We will be creating a healthy meal plan and identifying the different food groups and nutrients we consume.
Other Important Information
- During Art week, we will be researching the artist Orla Kiely.
- We are looking forward to the Sports Day, and we will be focussing upon athletics skills in PE.
- Our outdoor PE session is on a Tuesday afternoon.
- 4H indoor PE session is on a Friday afternoon.
- 4C indoor PE session is on a Wednesday afternoon.
- Homework hand in day is on a Wednesday.