Welcome to the section of our website where you can find out about the Governors and the work that they do.
Governors have a crucial role helping the school’s leadership team in promoting the highest standards of educational achievement. Our fundamental purpose is school improvement. Governors act as a’ Critical Friend’ to the school, working in partnership with the school community to help provide the best possible education for our pupils.
Ofsted 2009 said, “ The well informed Governing Body provides good support to the school and is not afraid to challenge the leaders’ decisions”
What do governors do?
They are all volunteers from the local community who meet
Set the school’s values, vision
Monitor and evaluate performance targets, school policies
The responsibilities of the Governing Body are shared among committees and working parties to allow greater focus. These are Finance and Staffing, Buildings and Maintenance including Health and Safety, Learning and Teaching, Marketing, and Special Educational Needs. All committees report to the main Governing body. Governors also serve
Below you will find a list of the members of our school Governing body. They are available if you wish to discuss a matter of importance relating to the school. We are always willing to listen to parents, teachers
If you would like to be a Governor we would be happy to talk to you about how and when you can be elected or appointed. You can also be involved without being a Governor. We often need expert help on a wide range of matters. We are always happy to hear from parents who can help.
- Mrs. Judy Griffiths JP (Vice Chair) Community Governor
- Mr. Allan Williams (Chair) Community Governor
- Mrs. Sue Courbet JP (Head Teacher)
- Ms. Rhiannon Suttle (Head Teacher)
- Ms. Joy Agbonlahor (Deputy Head Teacher) Staff Governor
- Mrs. Heather Farmer – Staff Governor
- Mr. Mike Arnold – Staff Governor
- Miss Amy Harwood – Staff Governor
DeviaSurti – Community Governor
- Mrs. Karen Davis – Community Governor
- Mr. Peter Watts – Community Governor – Link Training Governor
- Mrs. Linda Sewell – Parent Governor – Safeguarding Governor
- Mrs. Cheryl Butler – Parent Governor
- Mr. Karl Mumby – Parent Governor
Mr. Craig Addison – School Business Manager
Mr. Chris Osborn – Clerk